Girl Scouts Opportunity
St. James Family-We have a wonderful opportunity to bring Girls Scouts here to The Historic St. James
Here is some basic information about Girl Scouts and how faith-based partnerships can form.
While Girl Scouts is a secular organization, our Girl Scout Promise and Law share many of the same principles and values common across all faiths; honesty, fairness, and servant-leadership, to name a few. Girl Scouts has always encouraged girls to value their religious identities and engage in a spiritual journey.
Girl Scouts offers a diverse programs that focus on leadership to build girls in the community of courage, confidence, and character that include STEM activities, community service, and outdoor activities. They will also provide the Girls Scouts’ My Promise My Faith pins for girls to display on their uniforms. This is a religious recognition that allows girls to strengthen their connection between their faith and Girl Scouts. In March each year, there are opportunities to participate in Scouting Sundays, where the girls of the congregation can integrate their service of faith and scouting together.
You can partner with Girl Scouts in several ways, here are some examples:
- Help spread awareness of Girl Scout opportunities for both girl and adult volunteers by speaking with the congregation, placing information in a newsletter/message board/etc., or providing GS flyers to interested parties
- Offer an on-going meeting space to a troop
- Form a troop within youth program
- Offer a one-time meeting space for a recruitment event – this recruitment event’s purpose would be to grow girl and adult volunteer membership. New members could join existing troops or form new troops.
- Scouting Sundays
- My Promise My Faith participation and pin