Pastor to Children and Youth
Full time, Salaried position
Develop and implement a ministry to children under 18 years old which:
- Encourages the development of close Christian friendships based on trust and acceptance.
- Builds positive attitudes toward the church and its leaders, lay and professional.
- Provides a process for becoming a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ, who are able to disciple others.
- Provide leadership and lay staff development for the Sunday school ministry to children and youth.
- Develop and implement special Christian educational and service ministries based on current youth needs and interests.
- Provide leadership, recruit, train, and support the lay staff for a complete midweek children/youth ministry.
- Plan and implement special activities, such as, mission trips, retreats, etc., for appropriate age groups.
- Develop and implement a plan to raise up High School youth into leadership of the High School ministry and other ministries within the church.
- Help to identify and encourage children and youth to consider full time professional service to Christ and his church.
- Develop relationships with parents of involved children and youth to provide guidance in the whole family system as needed.
- Coordinate communication for the children/youth ministry with the congregation and the community through newsletters, newspapers, etc.
- The design, development and implementation of the children/youth ministry should be done to fulfill the objective of providing a ministry that is attrictive to both the children/youth of The Historic St. James and unchurched children/youth in the community.
Character traits, Experiences, and Skills (Candidates should exhibit the majority of these.)
- Candidate exhibits strong Christian character that demonstrates a close relationship with God through personal devotional, worship, and prayer life.
- Candidate realizes that God is always working, seeks to join God in His work, and is willing to make life adjustments to join God in what He is doing.
- Candidate seeks to minister to the whole family.
- Candidate can demonstrate ability to recognize and develop leadership potential.
- Candidate has Christlike attitude that is accepting and inclusive of all the diverse parts of the body of Christ.
- Candidate has conceptual skills and can develop an idea into an active ministry.
- Candidate is Enthusiastic, High energy, Self-starter; Encourager; Visionary.
- Candidate has demonstrated success at various levels of development.
- Candidate has been involved in organizations or groups as a leader or participant.
- Candidates are comfortable sharing the Christian faith with both Christian and unchurched children/youth.
Responsibility and Accountability
The Minister to Children and Youth will work with the Children and Youth Ministry Team in program design and implimentation, and will be responsible for the completion of all goals assigned to him/her. This position is held accountable by being under the supervision of the Executive Pastor.
Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry/Christian Education or related work experience as a leader of Children and Youth
To apply for the position please click here